Friday 10 June 2011

Let's start!!!!

As my friend was moving to New Zeland he gave me his 1997 XTZ660 Tenere as a gift :)





So... I deceided to put some life into her. I was considered to restore and bring her back to original condition. I painted the front fairing, petrol tank, front fender, side panels to yellow Fiat color.

I cleaned the bike, fixed her (she is alive!) and... IT IS STILL XTZ660 Tenere... Probably real ADV riders could be delighted but I was not...



I changed my mind... YES! I want to transform her to some kind of heavy supermoto bike :)
Therefore, the idea is to create a unique bike but nothing very special.


What do I have:
Untidy 1997 Yamaha XTZ660 Tenere. Some parts needs to be rebuilt some cleaned etc..

Goal:
- clean up and paint the frame
- do major engine service
- supermoto, alloy wheels
- XT600 petrol tank
- better brakes - front and rear
- different front look: bandit headlights
- different indicators
- Koso XR-SR digital gauges or similar
- Suzuki GSXR1000 exhaust can
etc etc etc etc etc.....

Generally its gonna be Yamaha XTZ660 Tenere mixed with Yamaha XT600E, Yamaha XT660X Supermoto, Suzuki GS500, GSXR1000 and...
...it has begun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment